When We Are Closed
The Practice will be closed:
- Between 18:00 and 08:00 Monday to Friday
- At weekends, from 18:00 Friday to 08:00 Monday
- On Bank Holidays
- During protected learning time
When the practice is closed a service is provided by NHS 24. In order to obtain medical advice at these times, please call:
NHS 24 - Dial 111
- A receptionist in the emergency call centre will answer your call. They will either:
- Arrange for you to speak to a doctor or nurse
- Invite you to attend an out of hours centre (St Andrews Hospital or Wallacetown, Dundee) to be seen by a doctor
- Arrange a home visit if you are too ill to visit the centre
You will be redirected to NHS 24 if you call the Practice telephone number out of hours.
NHS 24 also has a website which provides comprehensive up-to-date health information and self-care advice for people in Scotland – www.nhs24.com
If you have any difficulties contacting NHS 24 please dial the operator on 100.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.